Warming Chicken Pot Pie Soup for a rainy day
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups roasted chicken, chopped
- 2 (14 oz) cans coconut milk – Unsweetened !
- 1 cup pearl onions, halved
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in the broth, butternut squash, sweet potato, thyme, poultry seasoning and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to medium. Simmer the soup until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Discard the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, coconut milk, pearl onions, diced zucchini, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 227 calories, 15g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 4g sugar, 329mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 12g protein.