Chai Energy Bites; That are actually good for you
Energy Bites are all the rage, but most are loaded with sugars, dates, and syrups. Although marketed as natural, these can create chaos in our body by spiking blood sugar levels with the high amounts of fructose.
So as the queen of sugar free; I believe we can have it all. There is an alternative for everything.
And I found one for the beloved energy balls
Chai Spice Blend:
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
Chai spice blend (above)
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup nut or seed butter
¼ cup malt rice syrup **** altered from video to make fructose free
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cacao nibs
Shredded coconut, to coat
** feel free to get creative adding some nuts, seeds or unsweetened cocao chips
- Place all spice ingredients in a small bowl to mix them together.
- Afterwards put all the remaining ingredients, except the shredded coconut, into the food processor and blend until a sticky crumble forms.
- Using the palm of your hands, roll the mixture into small balls.
- Take each ball and roll them in shredded coconut to coat.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until hard before serving.