Delishhh Curry Chicken Bowls
It’s Hump dayyyy
And I don’t know about you but I need a little pick me up
&& I will either be turning to coffee or Curry,
I think curry may be the smarter choice 😉
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Shredded Chicken
- 16 oz chicken breast (~4 medium)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15 oz. can full-fat coconut milk – UNSWEETENED
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste – check sugar content ! I do not buy any that have over 6g per cup
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (more for topping)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons thai basil, fresh (or regular basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quonia
- 2 cups water
- Place chicken breast and minced garlic in a slow cooker. Turn to high and let cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-8 (depending on how strong your slow cooker is).
- Once cooked all the way through and tender, remove and shred chicken with 2 forks. Then, place back into slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the chicken ingredients and mix until combined. Let cook for 20-30 more minutes to thicken.
- Slice 1 large green pepper and 1 large red pepper into thin slices. Then slice ½ a red onion.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large sauce pan to medium/high heat. Then, add in sliced veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes, just enough to flash fry them so they aren’t soggy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium pot. Turn to high and bring to a boil. Then, turn heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until all water has evaporated.