Healthy CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 cup almond meal, chickpeas or coconut flour ** I used almond meal
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- **For additional sweetness option to add 2 drops of liquid stevia
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate pieces ( unsweetened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add wet to dry and mix together.
- Fill a tablespoon measure with batter and press down to form a half-circle. Tap batter out onto baking sheet and lightly press down in the center. *Optional – freeze cookies on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before baking. This helps keep them from spreading.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes until bottoms just start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. They will be soft when removed from oven but firm up in a couple of minutes.
original recipe adapted from runningtothekitchen.com