Herb Butter Salmon Asparagus
Sometimes I get so excited about all these elaborate new recipes I find, I tend to forget the beauty in simplicity. The simple meals we grew up with. I spend so much time looking for healthy alternatives, I often forget sometimes they are right in front of us. It’s often the most simple meals that are easy, nutritious and taste amazing.
One of my favourite dishes is salmon, and this buttery take on salmon foil is to die for.
Scroll down to see
In order to receive the Stevia&Spice stamp of approval, I recommend swapping the butter for ghee
- 4 boneless skinelss salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, (plus additional wedges for garnish)
- ½ cup ghee or clarified butter, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning ( sodium free)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
- Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange one salmon fillet and ¼ of the asparagus in the center of one 12×12 inch piece of foil. Repeat with remaining salmon and asparagus on 3 other pieces of foil. Slide lemon slices under the salmon and asparagus.
- In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Drop large dollops of the herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus.
- Fold the foil tightly around the salmon and asparagus, being sure to seal the ends together tightly so the juices and butter doesn’t run out while cooking. Grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, OR bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until asparagus is tender and salmon is flaky.
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.